Badi Recipe is super tasty and easy to prepare in 30 – 40 minutes. with simple spices and water. There is two type of Badi that is moong dal Badi and urad dal Badi.
Badi is generally prepared and stored during summer so it can use later.
- Badi 1 bowl -20-25
- cooking Oil -3 tbsp
- Potato chopped in medium size- 2 medium sizes.
- Jinger garlic paste 1 tbsp.
- Onion paste -1 tbsp
- Tomato chopped -2 medium sizes.
- Green chili-2 chopped.
- Red chili powder -1/4 tsp.
- Coriander powder-1 tsp.
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp.
- Garam –masala powder-1/4 tsp.
- Cumin seeds-1/2 cup.
- Coriander leaves – chopped freshly 1 tbsp.
- Salt to taste.
PREPARATION OF BADI RECIPE
- In a thick coated frying pan heat 1 tbsp oil.
- Add badi and keep sauteing it in low flame for 5 minutes or until it starts changing its color or start looking a little brown.
- Once badi is roasted take it out and keep it aside.
- In the same pan heat remaining oil and add cumin seed and sauté it.
- Next, add ginger garlic paste and onion paste and keep sauteing in low flame.
- Keep sauteing in low flame until the smell of raw ginger garlic paste and onion paste goes away.
- Next, one by one adds turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and garam masala mix well and cook it more 2 minutes.
- Next, add chopped tomatoes and salt and cook until tomato turns soft, and oil start coming out.
- Add chopped potato and roasted Badi mix it well with the mixture
- Add one and a half cup of water and cook in low flame for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes Check Badi is properly cooked or not.if not cook for more few more minutes and keep checking.
- Top up with chopped coriander leaves and mix it.
- You Badi dish is ready to serve.
- You can serve with chapati or rice.
- Badi soaked water so according to gravy consistency required you can add water.