PANEER SHASHLIK is a great home party dish using grilled paneer and vegetable with a coating of spices and fresh ingredients.
- 300 gms cottage cheese (paneer) cut into a small cube shape.
- one capsicum(Shimla Mirch) cut into 6 pieces.
- 6/7 baby corn
- two small onion(pyaz) cut into 4 pieces.
- 5/6 french beans chopped and boiled.
- one carrot(gajar) .
- one tomato cut into 6 pieces.
- one cup basmati rice washed and cooked for 10 minutes not cooked.
- 3/4 cloves(loung).
- 2 green cardamom(green illaichi).
- one bay leaf (tej patta).
- one tablespoon oil.
- two tablespoon salt.
- one teaspoon lemon juice.
INGREDIENTS FOR SAUCE
- 4 big size tomatoes and chopped roughly.
- 2 flakes chopped garlic.
- 1 small size of chopped ginger.
- 2 green chili.
- half teaspoon red chili powder.
- 1 green cardamom(chhoti illaichi).
- 2 cloves (loung).
- salt to taste.
- 1 tablespoon honey.
- 1 tablespoon butter.
- salt to taste.
- 1 tablespoon cornflour.
- For preparing tomato sauce take 2 cups of water in a pan put add tomatoes, green chili, ginger, garlic,laung(cloves),chooti illaichi(cardamom) and red chili, cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes in low flame.
- after 5 minutes mash the tomato it turns soft and pulpy.
- take away the pan from fire once mixture gets little-cooled blend in a mixer and strain it.
- heat a pan over a low flame add butter, salt, honey and tomato puree.
- add cornflour and stir on low flame till the mixture gets slightly thick. and keep the sauce aside.
- cut the paneer in small cube shape and fry till it becomes little brown in color.
- once all the side paneer cube turns brown take immediately and soaks in 3 cups salted hot water after 10 minutes remove from the water and add to the sauce.
- repeat the process with baby corn/onion and capsicum and wait till it becomes little brown.
- boil 4 cups of water and add tej patta(bay leaf), salt,chhoti illaichi (cardamom),laung(cloves), oil and lemon juice once it gets a boil, add rice and cook rice till it almost done.
- take the hot rice on a serving plate.
- add sauce from the top of the rice and add paneer cubes, capsicum and onion/baby corn.
- on the top placed boiled carrots and beans.