Chicken green Thai Curry is tasty and mouthwatering curry dish you can enjoy all the spices flavor with chicken. you can also use red curry also for the dish.it depends on the chili you are using for the curry.
whenever you eating Thai food the one thing comes to your mind is a thick coconut based creamy curry or soup.in this post I will give you step by step method to prepare the chicken and mushroom in Thai curry
CHICKEN IN GREEN THAI CURRY
- 500 gram of chicken (bone or boneless) pieces cut into small pieces.
- 2/3 green chilies.
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- 3 tbsp oil.
- 2 cup of coconut milk.
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1 tsp sugar.
INGREDIENTS FOR GREEN CURRY PASTE
- 1 Medium size chopped onion.
- 10 green chilies chopped.
- A small piece of ginger chopped.
- A small piece of garlic chopped
- 1 stick lemon grass cut into pieces.
- Chopped coriander leaves.
- 1 tbsp vinegar.
- 10 peppercorns (saboot kali mirch).
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds (jeera).
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds (Saboot dhania).
FOR CURRY PASTE.
- First, roast the coriander and cumin seeds in a pan in a low heat.saute till ingredients start to sizzle and start poping for a min.
- Put the roasted seeds and other ingredients of the curry paste in a grinder and grind to prepare the fine paste, use little water.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add green curry paste and sauté it for 2/3 minutes in a low flame.
- Add chicken pieces and sauté it on low flame.
- Next, add a half cup of milk and simmer in low flame 15 minutes.
- Add sugar, salt fish sauce lemon leaves potatoes and milk.
- Cover the pan and let it cooked the chicken till chicken gets cooked
- Once chicken gets cooked served the dish and garnish with chopped green chilies.
- marinate chicken for at least 2 hours .if you marinate for more time it will taste more yummy.
- if you are using small pieces of chicken there is no need to pressure cook.
- use white skin and flesh do not use yellow skin and flash chicken.
- For juicy, tender and uniformly cooked chicken pieces cook in moderate to low temperature. high temperature squeezes out the juice and makes chicken pieces hard.
- Make sure the chicken pieces cut properly especially from the joint otherwise while cooking meat starts loosing from the bones.
- make sure the chicken pieces cut properly especially from the joint otherwise while cooking meat starts loosing from the bones.