Chakli Recipe – easy step by step Chakli Recipe, its one of the tastiest snacks to enjoy during the festival season and especially in Diwali festival . its also known as murukku in the south region, chakli in Maharashtra and Chakri in Gujrat region.
some more Diwali snacks RAVA LADDU
INGREDIENTS FOR CHAKLI ATTA
- Rice flour (wash and dry roasted )– 5 cups.
- Moong dal dhuli (split green gram skinless) (dry roasted )–1 cup.
- Chana dal (dry roasted)– 3 cups.
- Urad dal dhuli (split black gram skinless) (dry roasted) – 1 cup.
- Wheat flour – 1 cup.
dry roast all above mention ingredients separately except wheat and then grind it make flour
OTHER INGREDIENTS FOR CHAKALI DOUGH
- Ajwain – 1 tbsp.
- Red chili powder -3 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Sesame seeds (till ) – 2 tbsp.
- Salt- 1 tbsp.
- Oil for deep frying.
MAKING DOUGH FOR CHAKALI RECIPE
- Take mixed chakli flour in a mixing bowl.
- one by one add Ajwain, red chili powder, turmeric powder, sesame seeds, and salt to taste.
- mix all the ingredients and keep it aside.
- boil 3 cup water in big size pot and add 1 tbsp oil.
- Next, add chakli flour in this pot and mix it.
- kneed dough and make a soft dough (by hand or by spoon).
- add more hot water if you needed for preparing the dough.
- cover the firm dough and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- apply some oil inside chakli maker and put chakli dough inside it.
- press chakli machine and move it round to make spiral shape chakli.
- make chakli on a plate (apply some oil on a plate before making chakli )
- make 6/7 chakli.
- heat oil for deep frying in a frying pan.
- once oil is nicely heated start frying chakli.
- now one by one slid chakli into the hot oil.
- fry till it turns golden brown.
- once chakli turns golden brown. drain them on an absorbent paper.
- allow to cool before serving and you can store in a tight jar.