Chicken and Mushrooms In Thai Curry Recipe
whenever you are eating in a Thai restaurant or preparing Thai food in a home the one thing comes to your mind is a thick coconut based creamy curry or soup.in this post I will give you step by step method to prepare the Chicken and Mushrooms in Thai curry
Chicken and Mushrooms Thai Curry is tasty, mouthwatering and yummy curry dish you can enjoy the taste of both chicken and mushroom. you can also use green curry also for the dish.it depends on the chili you are using for the curry.
Chicken and Mushrooms
- 500 Gm of chicken cut into small pieces.
- 4 tbsp red curry paste.
- 1 cup cut baby corn.
- 5 tbsp oil.
- 3 cup fresh coconut milk.
- 100 gms mushrooms cut into thick pieces.
- 2 tbsp fish sauce.
- 1 tsp sugar.
- salt to taste.
- 2 bay leaf (tej patta).
- 4 green cardamoms (chotti elaichi).
- 1 tsp fenugreek seed(methi).
- 1 tsp fennel(sauf) seed.
- 2 medium sizes sliced onion
- 1 tsp ginger (adarak)paste.
- 1 tsp garlic(lahsun) paste.
- 2 tbsp red chili (la lmirch)powder.
- 1 tsp turmeric(haldi) powder.
- 2 tbsp coriander(dhania) powder.
- freshly chopped coriander leaves
for red curry
- 8-10 dry red chili.
- 1 medium size onion.
- 4-inch stalk lemongrass
- 5-6 black peppercorns.
- 1 tsp cumin seed.
- salt according to taste.
- 5-6 garlic cloves.
- 1 tsp coriander seeds.
- salt to taste.
- 1 tbsp vinegar.
THAI RED CURRY PREPARATION.
- In a grinder add all the ingredients of curry paste with little water to make a fine paste.
- Take a pan add 2 tbsp oil (any) and heat in a low flame .once oil gets heated start adding all the dry spices one by one.
- start with bay leaf, dry red chili, green cardamom, fenugreek and fennel seed.
- stir the masala over medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- add chopped onion and saute it till it becomes translucent. once it has done nicely.
- add 4 tbsp red chili paste and saute it till paste release its oil.
- next, add chicken and mix it properly also add mushrooms and baby corn and cover the pan.cook for 15 min.
- add ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and coriander powder and stir it properly.and cook for 20 minutes.
- cover the pan for 5 minutes and cook in low flame.
- after 5 min add fresh coconut milk and stir it nicely.
- cover the pan and cook over low flame for a more 6-7 minute and stir it in between.
- add some freshly chopped coriander and give a mix and dish is ready to serve.
- marinate chicken for at least 2 hours .if you marinate for more time it will taste more yummy.
- For juicy, tender and uniformly cooked chicken pieces cook in moderate to low temperature. high temperature squeezes out the juice and make chicken pieces hard,
- while cooking the chicken masala can stick to the bottom so to avoid this try to use non-stick pan or kadhai.
- use white skin and flesh do not use yellow skin and flesh chicken.
- make sure the chicken pieces cut properly especially from the joint otherwise while cooking meat starts loosing from the bones.
- if you are using small pieces of chicken there is no need to pressure cook .for large size chicken pieces you can cook in pressure cooker for up to 2 whistles.