Chicken Kathi is mouthwatering and tasty Indian street food dish its very simple roti roll stuffed with stir-fried chicken pieces and other fresh ingredients and spices.
INGREDIENTS FOR ROTI
- 300 gm maida (all purpose flour)
- 200 gm chappati atta (whole wheat flour)
- 1 tbsp oil.
- 1 tsp salt.
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING
- 250 gm of boneless chicken.
- 3 tbsp of oil.
- 1 tbsp of ginger -garlic paste.
- 1 big size chopped tomatoes.
- 2 tbsp onion paste.
- 1 big size onion sliced mix with coriander chutney.
- 1 tsp chili powder.
- 1/4 turmeric powder.
- 1/2 tsp garam masala.
- 1 tsp cumin powder.
- 1/2 cumin seeds.
- salt to taste.
- 2 eggs.
- 1 lemon juice.
METHOD TO PREPARE CHICKEN KATHI ROTI
- To prepare the dough, in a bowl take flour, oil, and salt mix well and make a firm dough and keep it aside.and let it rest for 20 min.
- Heat some oil in the pan once the oil gets hot add cumin seed, add chopped onion and pinch of salt and saute it turn little golden brown.
- Next add ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, red chili powder and mix it.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook on low flame till it turns little soft.
- Add chicken cut into small pieces and mixed it properly in low flame and also add lemon juice and saute it till chicken turns tender and dry.
- next, add coriander leaves and mixed it .and turn off the heat and keep it aside
- Make chappatis out of dough make as thin as you can.
- Heat tawa . Add 1 tsp of oil and then placed the roti and keep the flame low and apply some oil on top also.
- And flip to the other side.
- Next, add the beaten egg on the top of the chappati and wait till lower side gets little cook.and flip it to the other side.
- once it cooks on both side take it off the pan.
- Take the portion chicken stuffing and placed it at the center also add sliced onion mix with coriander chutney.
- Start to roll from one end.
- Chicken Kati roll is ready to serve.