all though chicken tikka is one of the most famous non-veg dishes in whole India but it is more popular in north India especially in Punjab region and you will notice the different yummy flavor also.
The word chicken tikka means small pieces or small chunks of roasted chicken.If you want to enjoy the original taste of chicken tikka you must roast your chicken in a clay oven(tandoor). chicken pieces marinated in curd and spices increase its flavor the more time you marinate increase its flavor. chicken tikka goes well with mint chutney.
in this post, I will give you step by step method to prepare the chicken tika dish
- 500 gms boneless chicken cut into 10-12 pieces.
- 1 capsicum(shimala mirch),2 tomatoes, and 1 onion(pyaaj) cut into cube pieces.
- 1 teaspoon chat masala.
- chopped coriander(dhaniaa) leaves.
- chopped mint(pudeena) leaves.
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
first marinade for chicken tikka
- 3 tablespoon vinegar.
- 1/4 salt.
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder(lal mirch).
second marinade for chicken tikka
- 5 tbsp Curd
- 2 tbsp of ginger-garlic paste.
- 2-3 tbsp of cream.
- 1/2 tsp garam masal powder.
- 1/4 tsp black salt.
- salt to taste.
- 1/4 red chili powder.
- 3-4 drop of orange-red color.
- Use washed and completely dry chicken pieces. marinate in the first marinate for at least 2 hours.
- one by one add all the ingredients In a mixing bowl mix curd, ginger-garlic paste, cream, garam masal , black salt, red chili powder, salt, and color.
- Take the marinated chicken pieces and add to the second marinated mix and marinate for 5-6 hours.
- Take gas tandoor or electric oven.place the marinated chicken and use vegetable pieces in between. on the grill or skewer.
- Grill for about 10-15 minutes or until cooked. pouring some melted butter on the tikka at least twice.
- When tikka gets cooked from all side evenly.
- sprinkle chat masala and lemon juice over chicken tikka and serve with mint chutney.
mint chutney goes very well with chicken tikka, kabab or any other tandoor roasted dish.a thick spicy green puree taste great which you can enjoy with snacks .if you use fresh mint it will taste more yummy.
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint leaves.
- 3 garlic cloves(lasun).
- 1/2 inch ginger piece.
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- 1tsp lemon juice.
- 2 chopped green chili.
- 2-3 black peppercorn.
- salt to taste.
- Use small grinder/food processor to grind ginger-garlic, salt, chili and peppercorn.
- once you get a medium consistency.
- next, add coriander leaves, mint leaves, water and lemon juice.(add water according to a thickness required)
- for making your chutney smooth you can add more water and grind one more time .
- your mint chutney is ready to serve with chicken tikka.
- Use white skin and flesh do not use yellow skin and flash chicken.
- make sure the chicken pieces cut properly especially from the joint otherwise while cooking meat starts loosing from the bones.
- if you are using small pieces of chicken there is no need to pressure cook .for large size chicken pieces you can cook in pressure cooker for up to 2 whistles.
- while cooking the chicken masala can stick to the bottom so to avoid this try to use non-stick pan or kadhai.