Dalcha | Mutton Dalcha | Hyderabadi Style Mutton Dalcha
After Hyderabadi biryani, one more dish that is also very popular and famous like biryani is Hyderabadi mutton Dalcha .
Using bone meat in dalcha make the dish more flavorful because of the juice that extracted from bones make the dish tastier.
- Fresh mutton half kg cut in small equal size.
- 1 cup of soaked Bengal gram (chana dal).
- Red lentil soaked (masoor dal) – half cup.
- 4 small size onion sliced.
- Ginger-Garlic paste 4 tsp.
- Cooking oil -5 tbsp.
- Black cardamom – 3 pieces.
- Green cardamom -5.
- Cloves 5.
- 2 Cinnamon sticks small size 1-inch.
- Coriander powder -2 tsp.
- Red chili powder -1 tsp.
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp.
- Chopped green chili 5.
- Chopped tomatoes -2.
- Fresh mint leaves chopped -1 cup.
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves -1 cup.
- Tamarind ball lemon size.
- Pure ghee 5 tbsp.
- Cumin seeds 2 tsp.
- Curry leaves 10.
- Red chilies dry 3.
- Coriander powder 2 tsp.
- Cumin seeds roasted powder 2 tsp.
TAMARIND JUICE PREPARING
- Take tamarind ball and soaked in water for 20 minutes.
- Use strainer to extract the juice.
- Use your hand to squeeze the tamarind and extract the juice.
METHOD FOR COOKING CHANA DAL
- First wash split Bengal gram, and red lentils 2/3 times in a running water.
- Use a pressure cooker to cook the dal add thrice the quantity of water.
- Cook up to 6 whistles.and wait till pressure reduce.
- Mash the cooked dal properly and prepare the fine paste.
MUTTON CURRY PREPARATION
- Heat oil in a thick coated frying pan/Pressure Cooker and add all the dry garam masala one by one (black & green cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon) and sauté it in a low flame.
- Next, add chopped onion and sauté in low flame till it turns golden brown.
- Once onion is done add ginger garlic paste and sauté in low flame for 2 minutes.
- Next, add mutton and mix it well and sauté the mutton for 5 minutes in high flame.
- After 5 minutes when mutton changes its color add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, chopped green chili, chopped tomatoes, garam masala, and salt to taste and sauté the mix in low flame for 2 minutes adding 4 cups of water.
- Keeping flame low heat the mutton until mutton becomes tender(if cooking in frying pan), if you are using pressure cooker then cook for about 4 to 5 whistle
- Once its done add cooked dal and cook in low flame until the dal is well incorporated into the gravy properly.
- Take separate pan for preparing the seasoning.
- Heat Desi ghee in a pan and add tamarind pulp, curry leaves, cumin seeds, coriander powder, cumin seeds and dry red chili and sauté it in low flame for 3 minutes.
- Add this seasoning to the dalcha.
- Cover the pan and cook for more 5 minutes.
- Your dish dalcha recipe is ready to serve garnished with chopped mint and coriander leaves.