DRY CHICKEN MASALA
DRY CHICKEN MASALA Is one of my favorite chicken dishes. Its very simple to prepare and taste yummy .its also known as sukha masala chicken, masala chicken.
In this post, you will get all the step by step method to prepare the dish.
- Chicken – ½ kg.
- Onion – 3 finely chopped (medium size).
- Tomato – 1 medium size.
- Green Chilli – 3 pricked (make small holes) with a knife.
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 3 tbls.
- Coriander Leaves – ½ cup (finely chopped fresh).
- Bay leaf(tej-patta) – 3
- Cinnamons stick (Dalchini) – one inch.
- Black Cardamom (Badi Elaichi) – 2 pieces.
- Coriander Seeds (Saboot dhania) -2 tsp.
- Peppercorns(saboot kali mirch) – 5.
- Small Cardamom(Chooti Elaichi) -3
- Cumin seeds – one tsp.
- Cooking oil – 3 tbsp.
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
INGREDIENTS FOR MARINATION
- Red chili powder – one tbsp.
- Garam-masala powder – 2 tbsp.
- Coriander powder – 2 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Start with marinating chicken using all the listed ingredients and leave it to marinate for one hour.
- Next, Use nonstick kadai or pan to heat oil on low flame.
- One by one add all the dry ingredients start with Bay leaf, Cinnamons stick, Black Cardamom, Coriander Seeds, Peppercorns, Small Cardamom, and cumin seeds and keep sautéing it for 2 minutes/changes its color to brown keep the flam in low.
- Now add onion and green chili and fry it for 2 to 3 minutes or till it turns little golden brown.
- Add salt to taste.
- Next, add chopped tomatoes and keep cooking till it turns little soft.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and sauté the mixture in low flame until the smell of raw ginger garlic paste goes away.
- next, Add marinated chicken and mix well.
- Cover the pan with a tight lid and cook for 40 minutes and keep stirring in between as you go.cook on low flame.
- Next, open the lid and cook on medium flame this will dry up the chicken and make the masala stick to the chicken.
- Add fresh chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice for taste.
- Mix well and the dish is ready to serve.
- Serve DRY CHICKEN MASALA with rice or chapatti.
- Make sure the chicken pieces cut properly especially from the joint otherwise while cooking meat starts loosing from the bones.
- try to use non-stick pan or kadhai because While cooking the chicken masala can stick to the bottom.
- You can avoid adding salt while cooking the onion with other masala .because already added during marination.