Dum Murg In Hyderabadi Style
Dum Murg is one the most famous chicken dish in India. In this blog, you will see step by step method to prepare the dum murg recipe in Hyderabadi style. which is easy to make but it consumes time but it tastes yummy
- 1 chicken medium-sized (600 gm) – cut into 10 pieces.
- 1 cup sour curd (dahi) well beaten
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
- 1 tsp red chili powder.
- 1 tsp dry spices powder(garam masala).
- 2 tsp Coriander Seeds(Saboot dhania).
- sal to taste.
- lemon juice.
- 3 large size onion finely chopped.
- tomato puree.
- 2 chopped green chilies.
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste.
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste.
- cooking oil or ghee.
- 2 bay leaf (tej patta).
- 1-inch cinnamon stick(dalchini).
- 2-black cardamom (badi elaichi).
- 3 small cardamom (chooti elaichi).
- 1 tsp shahi jeera
- 1/2 teaspoon green cardamom powder (chooti elaichi)
- 3 cloves(laung).
- 1/2 tsp javitri (mace).
- 10 cashew nuts(soaked).
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds(chironji).
- 2 tbsp kasoori methi.
- chopped coriander fresh.
- 1/2 cup of mint leaves chopped.
- whole wheat dough (atta)
- in a big size, bowl takes the chicken and one by one add all the ingredient for marination.apply marinate to the chicken properly.
- cover the bowl and keep it aside for at least 2 hours.
- take 2 onion and prepare onion paste also add a small ginger piece and chopped green chili and keep it aside.
- deep fry 1 chopped onion sliced in a frying pan(thick-bottomed) using 3 tbsp oil. fry till onion turns golden brown and crisp.
- once onion is done take out from the pan and uses a paper towel to remove the extra oil.
- use the same frying pan and one by one add all whole spices like bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves, mace and cardamom .and saute till start crackling.
- next, add onion paste and keep sauting the onion paste on a low flame till it turns golden brown.
- add ginger garlic paste and saute it in a low flame till the raw smell is gone.
- next, add tomato paste and fried onion(keep some fried onion for garnishing) and mix it properly. stir and cook till you see oil separated oil at the sides.
- now add marinated chicken along with leftover marinate .mix it well and let it cook on low flame for more few minutes.
- prepare the cashew nuts and sunflower seeds paste and add this paste to the curd.
- add this curd mix to the chicken and mix it and let cook on a low flame till curds turn little dry and blend well with the masala.
- add 1 cup water. sprinkle javetri and small cardamom powder.
- using atta dough seal the lid of the pan and keep on low flame for 20 minutes.
- remove from fire and sprinkle fried chopped onion, freshly chopped coriander and mint leaves and lemon juice on top.
- you dum murg is ready to serve .keep the pan cover till serving.
- I have used cashew paste you can use cashew nuts powder also.
- you can use chopped onion in place onion paste just make sure that you have thick and smooth gravy.
- you can use readymade tomato paste or you prepare fresh tomato paste .just remove the skin and seed using strainer before adding to the curry.
- to make onion crispy heat oil properly for deep fry do not add onion in low heat oil.
- For juicy, tender and uniformly cooked chicken pieces cook in moderate to low temperature. high temperature squeeze out the juice and make chicken pieces hard.
- make sure the chicken pieces cut properly from the joint otherwise while cooking meat start loosing from the bones.