Home Made Matar Paneer Special with coconut rice
Matar Paneer Special
the most famous, healthy and delicious combination you will find for paneer is peas(mattar).matar paneer is the dish you can find in each and every restaurant with simple ingredients also matar paneer dish taste yummy.In this post, I will give you step by step method to prepare the dish.
- 250 grams paneer cut into 8 cube shape.
- 1 cup peas.
- 2 large size onion finely sliced.
- 2 large size tomato chopped.
- 1 tbsp ginger paste.
- 1 tbsp garlic paste.
- 2 tbsp watermelon seeds (magaz)
- 1 tsp of poppy seeds(khus khus).
- Salt to taste.
- ½ tsp of red chili(Lal Mirch) powder.
- ½ tsp of turmeric (haldi )powder.
- 1 tsp cumin seeds(jeera).
- A small piece of ginger-garlic for tomato puree.
- 2 Bay leaf (tej patta).
- 1 – inch cinnamon stick(dalchini).
- 2 black cardamom(Badi elaichi).
- 3 small cardamom(chooti elaichi).
- 3 cloves (laung).
- 1 teaspoon caraway(shahi jeera).
- Fresh cream
- 1 cup milk.
- Freshly chopped coriander.
- cooking oil.
- First deep fry the paneer cubes in hot oil make it golden brown do not burn it .keep it aside.
- For preparing the puree. First in a pan boil tomato, ginger garlic and green chili with 1 cup of water on low flame till tomato turn soft.remove the pan .cool and grind to a puree.
- use strainer to remove the tomato skin and seeds.and keep it aside.
- Deep fry onion slice and make it golden brown.remove from oil .cool and prepare the paste using some water.
- Soak poppy seeds(khus khus) and watermelon seeds for 15 minutes and grind to a paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan and add all the dry spices one by one and sauté it for 2 minute in low flame.
- Add onion paste and fry it till it turns golden brown in low flame .do not burn it.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder,garam-masala, salt and poppy seeds paste and stir it.
- Next, add tomato puree and cook it in low flame till oil start separating.
- On a low flame add milk and stir it continuously. For a minute.
- Add shelled peas and cook.
- Add water to get the right consistency and cook till peas are done keep the pan cover.keep the flame low.
- Next, add fried paneer cubes and simmer on a low flame for more 2/3 minute.
- you mattar paneer dish is ready to serve.
- Take the dish in serving plate add fresh cream and garnish with fresh chop coriander leaves.
- Use soft paneer for the dish.
- to keep paneer fresh dipped in a bowl with water.
- for deep frying, the paneer do not use less heated oil.it will stick to pan/ kadhai bottom
- 1 cup of soaked and drained basmati rice.
- 3 cup of coconut milk.
- 1 cup of jaggery.
- 2 teaspoon desi ghee.
- half teaspoon jaifall powder.
- half teaspoon cardamom powder(Chooti Elaichi).
- 1 cardamom.
- 3 cloves(Laung).
- 10/12 cashew nuts.
- 10/12 kishmish (raisins).
- 5/6 chopped almonds.
- salt to taste.
- heat desi ghee on a frying pan over a medium flame add cloves ,cardamom and rice stir it for two minutes .know add coconut milk and salt and wait for 10 minutes in medium flam stir it 2/3 time in between.after 10 minutes cover the pan and keep it in a low flame.keep it aside
- take another pan add desi ghee add jaggery and 1/4 of coconut milk in low flame for 4/5 minutes and stir it in between once the jaggery get desolved and rice ,kiskmish, cashew nuts, almonds,jaifall powder and stir it properly with soft hand. keep the flame in low and cook for 5 minutes.
- a dish is ready to serve garnish with chopped dry fruits.