Kanda poha is one of the light and healthy breakfast which is easy and quick to prepare with simple ingredients. that is available in a home. kanda poha is one of the most common and famous dishes of central India especially in Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh region. like sweet seviyan ,sabudana , rava upma .
- CUP THICK POHA(pressed rice)
- 1 Medium size onion(Kanda, pyaaz).
- 1/4 Teaspoon turmeric powder(Haldi)
- 3 tablespoon peanut
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed(rai)
- 10/15 curry leaves(kadi patta).
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chili(hari mirch).
- 2 tablespoon oil.
- salt to taste.
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (jeera).
- 2 tablespoons crushed coconut.
- 1 small cup besan sev .
- two teaspoon lemon juice.
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves.
KANDA POHA PREPARATION
- Add 2 tablespoon oil in frying pan keep the flame low.once oil get hot add peanut stir it slowly till it becomes little brown take out from pen once done.you can use roasted peanut also
- take 2 cups of poha and wash it properly in running water once poha get cleaned. use strainer to remove access water do not press hard otherwise it will become mushy.
MAKING OF KANDA POHA
- Use the same pan keep the flame low and add 1 tablespoon oil.
- once oil gets heated add cumin seed and mustard seed in heated pan.
- next, add chopped onion and saute it till it becomes little brown in low flame. after 2 minutes.
- add curry leaves and chopped green chilies and saute them for a minute.
- next add all the dry masala like red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt and stir it for one minute.
- add poha to the mixture and stir it properly keep the flame low. cover the pan for two minutes.
- after two minutes sprinkle grated coconut, coriander leaves, and lemon juice and mix it properly.
- kanda poha is ready to serve.
- you can also add besan sev and pomegranate from the top.thsi will make your poha tastier.
along with kanda poha you can serve jalebi and masala chai