KASOORI MURG MALAI RECIPE
Kasoori Murg Malai is a dish made out a chicken and a strong base of curd and cashew paste along with dry masala and spices. kasoori Murg malai goes very well with roomali roti and naan
INGREDIENTS FOR KASOORI MURG MALAI
- 750 gm cut into small pieces.
- 1 cup curd.
- 3 medium size onion, finely chopped.
- chopped coriander leaves.
- 4 green chilies.
- 2-inch ginger grated.
- 5-garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- 2 tablespoon Kasuri Methi(Fenugreek leaves)
- 1/4 cups of cashew nuts paste.
- 1/2 fresh cream.
- 1 tablespoon dhania powder (coriander).
- One pinch Haldi powder(turmeric).
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder.
- 1teaspoon black pepper powder.
- salt to taste.
- 3 Bay leaf(tej patta).
- 1-inch cinnamon stick (Dalchini).
- 2 Black Cardamom(Badi Elaichi).
- 5 small Cardamom(Chooti Elaichi).
- 4 Cloves (Laung).
- 1/2 teaspoon Mace (Javitri).
- 1 teaspoon Caraway(Shahi Jeera)
- In a grinder prepare the paste out of onion, ginger, garlic, green chilies and coriander add little water to make a fine paste.and keep it aside.
- Heat some oil/ghee in frying pan and add chicken pieces and let it fry till they turn golden .keep them aside.
- Use the same frying pan and add some more oil if needed and add all the dry masala and let them crackle.
- Now add the onion paste and saute till it changes its color.
- Add chicken pieces and mix it properly and let it cook for 4-5 minutes in low flame.
- Add curd and kasuri methi and mix well and let it cook the mix in low flames.
- when curd starts leaving water cover the pan and allow the chicken to cook on low flame for 10-15 min.
- when oil starts leaving from the sides add salt red chili powder, coriander powder, and mix.
- fry the mixture for more 5 minutes.
- add fresh cream and cashew paste and mix everything well.
- add water according to consistency.
- cover the pan and let it cook for some more time.
- once chicken is done sprinkle kasuri methi and black pepper powder from the top.
- Dish is ready to serve with roomali rotis.