kothimbir Vadi is a delicious snack made with chopped coriander leaves and besan.kothimbir Vadi is a famous Maharashtrian snacks dish. in Marathi language, kothimbir means coriander and Vadi means cubes.
Some more Indian morning breakfasts especially in the Maharashtra region that you can enjoy in the evening like upma ,poha , and Sweet Vermicelli.
- Coriander leaves finely chopped -3 Cups.
- Besan / Chickpea flour / Gram Flour -1 cup.
- Cooking oil for deep fry.
- ¼ cup peanuts(moong phali)
- Green chili finely chopped -2
- Ginger – garlic paste – 2 tsp.
- Red chili powder / Kashmiri red chili powder -1/2 tsp.
- Turmeric powder / Haldi – ½ Tsp.
- Cumin powder -1/2 tsp.
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp.
- Garam – masala powder- ¼ tsp
- Sesame seeds – 1 tsp.
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- ½ cup of water or as required
- Start with roasting peanuts on pan/tawa keep the flame low. Roast till the peanuts turn crunchy and peanuts skin also has some brown-black spots on them.
- Remove them in a plate and let them cool. remove flaky skin.
- Next, add peanut in a grinder and prepare a fine paste.
- Rinse coriander leaves .drain extra water and finely chopped them
- Start with taking 3 cups of chopped coriander leaves in a large mixing bowl.
- Next, add one cup of besan
- One by one also adds ginger-garlic paste, green chili, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, sesame seeds, cumin powder, salt and lemon juice.
- Mix well make sure all the spice mix well.
- Next, add ground peanuts powder and mix well.
- Add water as required and prepare a nice soft dough.
- Shape the dough to a cylindrical shape with oily hand.
- Steam the dough for 15 to 20 minutes.on low flame.
- Keep it aside and wait tell the dough cool completely.
- Once cool cut the dough and make thick slices.
- Next, heat oil in a frying pan and deep fry slices .you can even shallow fry if you want.
- On low flame stir occasionally till slices turn crispy and start looking golden brown.
- Once done place the fried kothimbir Vadis on kitchen paper for extra oil to be absorbed.
- kothimbir Vadi Recipe is ready to serve.