kothimbir Vadi is a delicious snack made with chopped coriander leaves and besan.kothimbir Vadi is a famous Maharashtrian snacks dish. in Marathi language, kothimbir means coriander and Vadi means cubes.
- Coriander leaves finely chopped -3 Cups.
- Besan / Chickpea flour / Gram Flour -1 cup.
- Cooking oil for deep fry.
- ¼ cup peanuts(moong phali)
- Green chili finely chopped -2
- Ginger – garlic paste – 2 tsp.
- Red chili powder / Kashmiri red chili powder -1/2 tsp.
- Turmeric powder / Haldi – ½ Tsp.
- Cumin powder -1/2 tsp.
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp.
- Garam – masala powder- ¼ tsp
- Sesame seeds – 1 tsp.
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- ½ cup of water or as required
- Start with roasting peanuts on pan/tawa keep the flame low. Roast till the peanuts turn crunchy and peanuts skin also has some brown-black spots on them.
- Remove them in a plate and let them cool. remove flaky skin.
- Next, add peanut in a grinder and prepare a fine paste.
- Rinse coriander leaves .drain extra water and finely chopped them
- Start with taking 3 cups of chopped coriander leaves in a large mixing bowl.
- Next, add one cup of besan
- One by one also adds ginger-garlic paste, green chili, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, sesame seeds, cumin powder, salt and lemon juice.
- Mix well make sure all the spice mix well.
- Next, add ground peanuts powder and mix well.
- Add water as required and prepare a nice soft dough.
- Shape the dough to a cylindrical shape with oily hand.
- Steam the dough for 15 to 20 minutes.on low flame.
- Keep it aside and wait tell the dough cool completely.
- Once cool cut the dough and make thick slices.
- Next, heat oil in a frying pan and deep fry slices .you can even shallow fry if you want.
- On low flame stir occasionally till slices turn crispy and start looking golden brown.
- Once done place the fried kothimbir Vadis on kitchen paper for extra oil to be absorbed.
- kothimbir Vadi Recipe is ready to serve.