one of the most famous and common paneer dishes quite often made at home. and special Dhaba style Matar paneer .its very simple and easy dish you can prepare at home with simple spices .along with Matar paneer you can enjoy coconut rice also.in this post, you will get step by step method.
- 250 grams paneer cut into 8 cube shape.
- 1 cup peas.
- 2 large size onion finely sliced.
- 2 large size tomato chopped.
- 1 tbsp ginger paste.
- 1 tbsp garlic paste.
- 2 tbsp watermelon seeds (magaz)
- 1 tsp of poppy seeds(khus khus).
- Salt to taste.
- ½ tsp of red chili(Lal Mirch) powder.
- ½ tsp of turmeric (haldi )powder.
- 1 tsp cumin seeds(jeera).
- A small piece of ginger-garlic for tomato puree.
- 2 Bay leaf (tej patta).
- 1 – inch cinnamon stick(dalchini).
- 2 black cardamom(Badi elaichi).
- 3 small cardamom(chooti elaichi).
- 3 cloves (laung).
- 1 teaspoon caraway(shahi jeera).
- Fresh cream
- 1 cup milk.
- Freshly chopped coriander.
- cooking oil.
- First deep fry the paneer cubes make it golden brown do not burn it .keep it aside.
- For preparing the puree. First in a pan boil tomato, ginger garlic and green chili with 1 cup of water on low flame till tomato turn soft.remove the pan .cool and grind to a puree.
- Deep fry onion slice and make it golden brown.remove from oil .cool and prepare the paste using some water.
- Soak poppy seeds(khus khus) and watermelon seeds for 15 minutes and grind to a paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan and add all the dry spices one by one and sauté it for 2 minute in low flame.
- Add onion paste and fry it till it turns golden brown in low flame .do not burn it.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder,garam-masala, salt and poppy seeds paste and stir it.
- Next, add tomato puree and cook it in low flame till oil start separating.
- On a low flame add milk and stir it continuously. For a minute.
- Add shelled peas and cook.
- Add water to get the right consistency and cook till peas are done keep the pan cover.keep the flame low.
- Next, add fried paneer and simmer on a low flame for more 2/3 minute.
- Take the dish in serving plate add fresh cream and garnish with fresh chop coriander leaves.
- 1 cup of soaked and drained basmati rice.
- 3 cup of coconut milk.
- 1 cup of jaggery.
- 2 teaspoon desi ghee.
- half teaspoon jaifall powder.
- half teaspoon cardamom powder(Chooti Elaichi).
- 1 cardamom.
- 3 cloves(Laung).
- 10/12 cashew nuts.
- 10/12 kishmish (raisins).
- 5/6 chopped almonds.
- salt to taste.
- heat desi ghee in a frying pan over a medium flame add cloves ,cardamom and rice stir it for two minutes .know add coconut milk and salt and wait for 10 minutes in medium flam stir it 2/3 time in between.after 10 minutes cover the pan and keep it in a low flame.keep it aside
- take another pan add desi ghee add jaggery and 1/4 of coconut milk in low flame for 4/5 minutes and stir it in between once the jaggery get desolved and rice, kiskmish, cashew nuts, almonds,jaifall powder and stir it properly with soft hand. keep the flame in low and cook for 5 minutes.
- dish is ready to serve garnish with chopped dry fruits.