Moth Beans Recipe
Moth Beans Recipe step by step method to prepare with simple and basic ingredients.
healthy morning breakfast to have in the morning. it’s one of the most famous breakfasts in the Maharashtra region like kandhapoha and upma .
- Moth beans /Matki – 150 gm (soaked).
- Onion Small/medium size chopped -1.
- tomato chopped – 1 medium size.
- potato chopped -1 small size.
- Cooking oil -2 tbsp.
- Coriander leaves chopped – 1/4 cup.
- green chili – 2 chopped.
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Start with washing beans under clean running water, till it starts looking clean.
- Soak this clean beans in a bowl with enough water to soaked and keep it aside for 6/8 hours.
Making of Beans Recipe
- Start with Heating 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan.
- Once the oil is done add cumin seeds. and let them sizzle on low heat.
- next, add chopped Potato and cooked for 5 minutes on low flame.
- add chopped onion and keep saute in low flame till it turns translucent.
- next add salt, red chili powder, and turmeric powder.
- cook the mix for 2/3 minutes on low flame.
- add chopped tomatoes and mix it.
- Cook the mix till tomatoes turns little mushy and soft.
- add chopped green chili and mix.
- next, add soaked and drained matki and stir well.
- add 1/2 cup of water cover the pan and cook on a low flame, for 30 minutes keep the flame low.
- check beans cooked or not if needed cook for some more time.
- sprinkle chooped coriander leaves and mix it.
- Moth Beans Recipe is ready to serve.