Namkeen Seviyan Recipe
Namkeen Seviyan Recipe easy, simple and delicious homemade breakfast recipe. that you can serve as evening snacks also. using simple and basic home-based ingredients.
- Seviyan (Vermicelli ) =1 cup.
- Onion finely chopped = 1 large size.
- Green Chillies finely chopped = 2-3.
- Coriander Leaves chopped = 2 tablespoons.
- Cooking Oil = 2 tablespoons .
- Fresh or Frozen Green Peas = 3 tablespoons.
- Carrot finely chopped 2 tablespoons.
- Tomato finely chopped = 1 large.
- Turmeric Powder = 1/4 teaspoon.
- Ginger grated = 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds = 1/2 teaspoon.
- Chana Dal = 1 teaspoon.
- Urad Dal = 1/2 teaspoon.
- Curry Leaves = 1/2 leaves.
Start with Roasting Seviyan (Vermicelli ) in a kadai on medium to low flame until it turns light brown.
Keep stirring continuously.
When Seviyan (Vermicelli ) turns light brown, keep roasted aside to cool.
- Use the same Kadai for heating oil/ghee.
- Next, add mustard seeds and allow them to sputter, keep the flame low.
- One by one Add urad dal, curry leaves, and chana dal. cook on a low flame until dals become light brown.
- Add grated ginger and Sauté it on a low flame.
- Next, add sliced onion, and slit green chilies, keep Sauté on a low flame.
- once onion turns translucent. Add chopped carrot, green peas, chopped tomatoes and mix it properly .
- after 1 minute and turmeric powder. Sprinkle salt over it and mix well.
- Cover the pan and cook on low flame for around 3-4 minutes until vegetables become soft.
- Add 1 cup of water When it starts boiling, add roasted vermicelli.
- mix it properly cover the pan and cook for 5/6 minutes to keep Stirring in between occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Once water is absorbed Turn off the flame.
- Namkeen Seviyan Recipe is ready to serve Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.