one of the most famous restaurant style Punjabi vegetarian dish is PALAK PANEERthere are some other PALAK PANEER dish you can enjoy like palak chole, palak paneer kofta and many more .In this post i will give you step by step method to prepare simple restaurant style palak paneer dish
use small size soft fresh palak leaves and fresh soft paneer this will taste more yummy and tasty
Palak paneer is basically a combination of paneer (cottage cheese) and palak puree along with all the spices.palak paneer goes well with naan or tandoori roti,
- 300 gm of fresh paneer-cut in cube size and deep fried it hot oil.
- 400 gm of fresh spinach (palak)
- 5 tbsp tomato puree.
- 3-4 chopped green chilies.
- 2 onion -ground to a paste.
- 5 tbsp of ghee.
- 2 tsp ginger paste.
- 2 tsp garlic paste.
- 1 tsp of dry spices powder (garam masala).
- 1/2 tsp turmeric(haldi) powder.
- salt to taste.
- fresh cream (optional)
- Pressure cook clean spinach(palak) leaves.with 1/2 cup of water to give one whistle.keep the flame low.
- take a bowl add 2 cups of water and 8 to 10 ice cube.
- know remove hot palak leaves and add them to the ice cube bowl and stir them with soft hand .keep it for one minute and remove them.
- grind the cooked palak with green chilies.and prepare the paste.
- take pan and heat desi ghee in low flame. add onion and saute it till it turns little golden color.
- next, add tomato puree and cook for 2-3 minutes on a very low flame.
- add ginger garlic paste and cook for 5 minutes.
- add garam masal,haldi and salt .and stir it for 2 minutes.
- next, add palak paste and cook more 5 minutes on low flame.
- next to reduce the thickness add two cups of hot water and let it cook for 10 more minutes in low flame and also add paneer cubes.
- once you get the right thickness next add paneer (cottage cheese) cubes .
- on low flame stir the paneer cubes gently till the paneer cubes turn soft .cook for about 1/2 minutes and switch of the flame.
- lastly, you can add fresh cream and your dish is ready to serve.
- if you preparing you paneer in a home do not squeeze the paneer completely it will make your paneer taste dry.
- few days old paneers do not appear hard .but when paneer stale it loses its softness.
- while cooking tikkas and tandoori paneer dish add 1tbsp of cornflour or besan this will make marinate stick properly to the paneer.
- never deep fry paneer in low heated oil it will stick to the bottom of the pan or kadhai.
- heat your paneer pieces properly this will make paneer soft .so at the time of serving you can slow heat the paneer masala on low heat also.
- for keeping paneer fresh for a long time keep paneer in a bowl filled with water.
- wash palak leaves in running water for 2 to 3 times.
- use small palak leaves this taste good and cook quickly.