Paneer Bhurji | Home Made Paneer Bhurji Easy And Simple
Paneer Bhurji is one of the most popular Indian dishes, especially in the north Indian region. it’s a perfect combination of panner and dry spice powder.
In this post, you will see step by step method to prepare Paneer Bhurji I am using simple spice, onion, tomatoes, and panner. If you want you can add matar, capsicum.
- Paneer crumbled – one cup.
- Cooking oil – one tbsp.
- Ginger garlic paste – one tsp
- Onion medium size finely chopped – one.
- Green chili chopped – two.
- Tomato medium size finely chopped – one.
- Cumin (jeera) – ½ tsp.
- Turmeric powder (haldi) – ¼ tsp.
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp.
- Garam masala powder – ¾ tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Lemon juice – 2 Tsp.
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Heat oil in a pan. keep the flame low.
- Then add cumin seeds and sauté it till it turns brown and starts spluttering.
- Next, add onion and cook in low flame till it becomes translucent also add ginger-garlic paste.
- Keep sauté the mixture in low flame till ginger garlic raw aroma goes away.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and chopped green chili and cooked till tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
- To make tomatoes cooked fast you can add a pinch of salt.
- Next, one by one add all the dry spices powder and start with red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder.
- Stir the mixture for two minutes in low flame.
- Know add crumbled paneer and cook it for about 2 minutes.
- Top up with chopped coriander leaves and give a nice mix.
- Paneer bhurji is ready to serve .you can serve with paratha or rotis.
- Sprinkle some lemon juice before serving.
HOW TO MAKE PANNER AT HOME.
- Take a heavy bottom pot to boil 2 liters of milk.
- When milk comes to boil immediately add 2 tbsp of lemon juice and stir it slowly.
- You will see milk start curdling. turn of the flame.
- allow it to settle down.
- pour it in a muslin cloth lined up over a colander.
- rinse the water and make a tight knot to the cheesecloth to squeeze extra water.
- to remove excess whey hang the paneer for about one hour.
- before using make sure there is no extra whey.
- IN PLACE OIL YOU CAN ALSO USE BUTTER