Patra Recipe is one of the popular snacks in Gujarat and Maharashtra region.its also called Alu Vadi recipe, pathrode.
colocasia leaf is a stuffed rolls snacks that you can enjoy with tea.
use colocasia leaves that are not itchy and fresh
- 25 medium size arbi leaves(colocasia).
Ingredients For Green Paste-
- Coriander leaves (chopped) – 1 cup
- Green chili -2
- tomato- 1
- ginger- 1 tbsp
- garlic – 1 tbsp
Ingredients For Gram/Besan Flour Batter-
- 4 cups of besan.
- Red chili powder – 1 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder – half tbsp.
- Salt according to taste.
- Cooking oil for deep frying.
- Take gram flour(besan) in big size mixing bowl.
- add red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and green paste and mix it
- start adding water slowly in a mixing bowl and prepare a thick batter.
- taste the batter if you need more salt add it.
- take arbi(colocasia)leaf and place the front side(dark green side) of leaf on a plate or a flat surface and back side facing you.
- take batter and apply a thin layer all over the leaf.
- next, place another leaf over it.
- repeat the process and get 4/5 layer leaf and keep the top layer with paste.
- from edges start rolling the leaf and make a tight roll.
- place these rolls on a steam pan.
- steam for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- when rolls get cool sliced them.
- heat oil in a pan.
- then one by one adds sliced rolls.
- saute both sides till they get browned.
- once its turn golden brown take out from oil.
- sprinkle grated coconut on Patra and served hot.