PistaWala Chicken Recipes
PistaWala Chicken Recipes is a pistachio rich chicken gravy dish with other dry spices and other basic ingredients.chicken pistawala taste yummy with jeera rice
- 800 gram of boneless chicken pieces cut into 8 small pieces.
- A half cup of curd well beaten well.
- 3 medium size onions.
- 3 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- 5 tbsp cooking oil.
- Half tsp of dry spices (garam masal) powder
- 1 tbsp of coriander powder.
- Half teaspoon white pepper powder.
- Salt to taste.
- A half cup of fresh cream.
INGREDIENTS FOR PASTE
- 1 Cup pistachio paste –soaked in water and pealed.
- 3 finely chopped green chilies.
- Chopped coriander leaves.
PREPARATION OF CHICKEN PISTAWALA
- In hot water soak pistas for 10 minutes,drain and peel the pistachio for paste and keep some for garnishing.
- Use grinder to prepare the fine paste of pistachio nuts (soaked and pealed),chopped fresh coriander and chopped green chilies and add some water also.
- Prepare onion paste also
- In a thick coated frying pan or kadhai add oil and heat up, next add onion paste and sauté it 4-5 minutes keep the flame low.
- Heat the pastel till oil separates and paste get dry. Do not burn the paste.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté it in a low flame.
- Add salt, coriander powder, and white pepper powder and sauté it well.
- Next, add pistachios and green chili paste and sauté it in low flame for 4 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces in the mixture completely and sauté it in low flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cup of water in a pan and let it cook the chicken pieces in low flame for 30 minutes or until the chicken gets completely cooked. keep the pan covered.
- next, Add yogurt in the frying pan add let it cook for 2 minutes. Stir it continuously.
- add fresh cream and sprinkle dry spices powder (garam masla) and give a nice stir.
- take PistaWala Chicken Recipes in a serving dish add sprinkle pistachio nuts and fresh cream.
- Basmati rice 2 cups.
- Cumin seeds(jeera) 3 tbsp.
- 1 medium size sliced onion.
- 3 green chili chopped.
- bay leaf 1 small size.
- 3 green cardamom(Chooti Elaichi).
- 2 tbsp desi ghee or cooking oil.
- 4/5 cloves(Laung).
- 1 small cinnamon stick(Dalchini).
- salt to taste.
- chopped coriander
- 4 cups of water.
- Use pot or pressure cooker to heat oil or ghee.
- one by one add all the dry spices(bay leaf, cloves, cardamom, jeera, and cinnamon) and saute well.keep the flame low.
- next, add sliced onion and chopped chili and saute it well till it turns golden brown.do not overheat it will stick to the pan.
- add soaked and drained basmati rice into the pan and roast it for 2 minutes.
- add 4 cups of water and salt.
- for pressure cooker cover the cooker and cook on high heat for 1 whistle.
- for pot keep the flame low until water is absorbed.then cover and cook until done.
- once pressure goes off open the lid.
- fluff up the rice gently.
- you can add more ghee if desired.and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- do not use chicken with fellow skin with flash.
- cut chicken properly at the joint otherwise during cooking chicken meat will loose from the bones.
- cook in constant low to moderate flame this will cook the chicken pieces uniformly and it will keep the chicken juicy and tender.
- cooking chicken in high flame squeeze out the juice and shrink the chicken pieces.