Sabudana khichdi is also known as sago khichdi. sabudana khichdi is one of the popular dishes in India and especially more popular snacks during vrat or upvas season.there are some other dishes you can make with sabudana like sabudana vada, sabudana thalipeeth,sabudhana kheer(sweet dish),sabudana paniyaram,sabudana bhel, sabudana chiwda and many more.
in this post i will give you step by step method for sabudana khichadiif you want to make your sabudana khichdi non-sticky and lumpy there are some simple step you need to do before making sabudana khichdi
1. wash sabudana in a cold running water until clean water appears, this will remove extra starch
2. soaked sabudana in a bowl filled with cold water and water level must be just 1/4 inch above sabudana level
3. leave sabudana for 2 to 3 hour
- Two cups of sabudana(tapioca pearls)
- Two tablespoons cooking oil
- one small size potato(aloo)
- 1/2 cup crushed peanuts
- 1 chopped green chili
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed(jeera)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- chopped coriander leaves.
- Heat oil in frying pan and keep the flame low.
- deep fry peanut and keep it aside. fry on low flame.
- next, add cumin seed and mustard seeds .and stir it 2-3 times.
- next, add small cube size potato and chopped green chili.and saute it, keep the flame low.
- cook on a low flame until potatoes get cooked and become little brown, and flip it occasionally.
- add fried peanut and mix well.
- add red chili powder, salt and mix well.
- then add soaked sabudana to the pan and mix well, and stir it for sometimes.
- next, add chopped coriander from the top.
- now cover the pan and let it cook for more 5 minutes.
- your sabudana khichdi is ready to serve with tea.
- you can use roasted peanut instead of fried peanut.
- you can use roasted and crushed peanut