Upma Recipe is one of the famous breakfast in south India also in central India .its easy to prepare its hardly take 15/20minutes .you can serve with coconut chutney or with hot tea. upma recipe not only tasty and yummy but it is also good for your health.you can also make sweet upma also
some other morning breakfast you can make with rava is bread upma , tomato upma , idli upma
INGREDIENTS FOR UPMA
- 1 cup sooji or rava (semolina).
- Medium sized onion finely chopped onion -1
- Curry leaves(kaddi patta)-10/12
- Chopped green chili – 1
- Urad dal(split and skinned black gram)-1/2 tsp
- Chana dal (split and skinned black gram) -1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds(rai)-1tsp
- Cumin seeds(jeera)-1/2 tsp.
- Finely chopped –ginger ½ inch
- 1 tsp sugar optional
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 3 cup water.
- Salt to taste.
- chopped coriander leaves -2 tbsp
UPMA RECIPE PREPARATION
- Start with rosting rava in heated pan.keep stiring the rava often in low flame.
- Keep roasting until rawa start looking dry and crispy.
- Take out the rava and keep it aside.
- Heat oil/ghee in cooking pan. and add mustard seeds.
- When mustard seeds start giving a crackling sound that means its cooked.
- Next, One by one add cumin seeds along with urad and chana dal .
- Fry it in a low flame till it turns golden brown.
- Add finely chopped onion, and keep sauting in low flame till it turn soft and translucent.
- Next add chopped green chily, curry leaves, ginger and sauté it.
- Add 3 cup water in the mix .add salt according to taste.
- Add sugar (optional)for little sweet taste.
- Boil water on the medium flame .
- Once water get boiled lower the flame and start adding rava slowly and keep stiring continuously.
- Mix well. rava absorb all water .
- Cover the pan and cook in low flame for more 2 minutes.
- upma recipe is done.
- Top up with chooped coriander leaves .stir well
- Served with a lime slice and coconut chutney